Binge watching The Flash last night, I realized (at about 10 p.m) that I had an Easter picnic/potluck with my running club in the morning. In realizing this, I remembered I hadn’t picked up anything to make. Sitting there kicking myself for forgetting, I briefly thought, I can just pick something up on the way in the a.m. Then I came back to reality knowing I would never get us ready and out of the door in time.
I would love to tell you all that this doesn’t happen to me often but that would be a lie. I am a last minute kind of girl…but I’m also the girl who loves to bring good food to the party.
So I opened my fridge and let the creativity flow. Noticing a can of biscuits (from a pack I bought in bulk, convinced I would put them all to use) I had an idea!
All I needed was that can of biscuits, butter, sugar, and cinnamon. I went ahead and preheated the oven according to the directions on the package (400 degrees in this case).
I melted the butter in a small bowl (heard it crackling and realized I needed to do it in 10 second increments next time).
In another small bowl, I mixed the sugar and cinnamon. Then set up the two bowls and my round cake pan station style for dipping.
Once I cut each biscuit into fours and rolled them each into little balls I was ready to dip and bake!
Do you have any simple recipes you use when you don’t have time to run to the store? Please share them in the comments below!
OVEN BAKED DONUT HOLES
Cook Time: 10-20 min.
Serving Size: 8-10
Refrigerated Biscuits (any brand/size works)
1/4 C. Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
4 Tablespoons Butter
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 (or follow the biscuit package instructions).
2. Grease shallow baking pan (I used a round cake pan) with butter or cooking spray.
3. Melt butter in small bowl in the microwave (in 10 second increments).
4. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl.
5. Use a knife to cut each individual biscuit into fours and roll into small balls.
6. Place in your pan and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes (or follow baking directions on biscuit package. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.